The Summit Church Multi-site Movement
One Church in Multiple Locations FAQ’s
Q: What is a “multi-site” ministry?
A: It is having one church in multiple locations with one staff, one elder team, one budget, one ministry model and philosophy, and one vision for the glory of God.
Q: Why are we planning to expand to “one church in multiple locations”?
A: There are many great churches in Central Arkansas, each with their own personality and DNA. We believe God has given something special to The Summit that will reach certain people. We believe it must be given away to help reach the 75% of the population that are not being reached by ANY church.
Our Elder Team and Staff, after three years of study, have come to the deep conclusion that we should go to a multi-site approach for several reasons.
Here are the “Top Ten!”
- REACHABLE: It is the most feasible way we can influence the thousands of children and their families that we feel God has called us to reach in the central Arkansas area. They simply will never be reached in only one location.
- PROVEN: It is a proven strategy, now employed by several thousand churches, to reach MORE people for Christ.
- AUTHENTIC COMMUNITY: There is a certain size where the dynamic of authentic community seems to not be as effective. We believe meeting in multiple locations of smaller size could provide better community than one massive church.
- ACCESSIBILITY: Multiple campuses make church accessible in neighborhoods, within a 10-15 minute drive, which studies show allows more involvement and more effective outreach.
- LEVERAGE: It allows us to plant new churches while building on the solid reputation that God has graciously given The Summit Church.
- OPTIONS: It provides more options, thus reaching more people and involving more in ministry.
- CONSISTENCY: It is a proven way to replicate the DNA of The Summit by the unity of one staff and elder team with one vision in many locations.
- STEWARDSHIP: It is great stewardship of resources.
- HEALTH: It allows for very healthy church planting. In America, 8 out of 10 church plants fail. A multi-site approach, with seasoned leaders and a philosophy that is already succeeding and the support of the larger body, provides far greater stability and success.
- GOD’S INITIATION: God has brought us to tremendous unity, excitement, and faith about this approach, which indicates His leadership. We’re taking this step because the Lord is leading us there!
Q: How did we make the decision on where to begin?
A: This decision was made by…
- Much prayer and God’s leadership.
- A good base of small groups and the greatest amount of people with desire and enthusiasm about being part of the first plant. This will allow for a solid launch team.
- The need of the area.
Q: Who will the campus pastor be?
A: We are thrilled that God has called Tom Drogo to be our campus pastor for this first multi-site campus. Tom and Lisa are wonderfully suited for this ministry and have been serving at The Summit in multiple ways in the past few years. They are completely elated about what God is about to do and thrilled to be leading this venture.
Q: Who will preach at the multi-site location(s)?
A: We believe that both live and video teaching are very viable with the aid of a strong Campus Pastor who will shepherd the flock in that location. At this time we believe our best plan is to use our current Preaching Team (Bill Elliff and Danny Jones) to provide the teaching via video providing for the same heart and content that teaches us here at Crystal Hill.
Q: How can I be involved?
A: There are at least three steps you can immediately take to help this become a reality:
- Pray! For every decision and provision needed.
- Serve! As God directs, sign up now for the core launch team. Come be a part of this awesome adventure!
- Give! We have already raised $75,000 in our “Beyond our Ability” campaign to go toward this multisite plant. We will still need more this year and will be giving opportunities for strategic giving this spring. Your sacrificial giving will result in a new church site being birthed for the glory of God!